1/18/2017

THREE WAYS TO WEAR // A FAUX FUR COLLAR

Last winter I was wearing a huge, plaid blanket scarf every other day.  But when winter approached this year, I unpacked my warmer items in preparation for the cooler weather, rediscovered said oversized scarf and after wearing it a of couple of times I felt it dated my look.   I guess that’s one of the downsides of falling for a popular trend - it dates so quickly.  So instead of dragging out my tired blanket scarf again this year, I've packed it away for next year when it'll probably be big news once again and have chosen to refresh my old collection with a faux fur collar instead.


Accessories are one of the BEST ways to tie a look together and turn an outfit from plain and simple to something special.   A statement necklace can do wonders for a simple knit, a pair of striking shoes can elevate a classic pant and a belt can emphasize a figure hugging silhouette.  Here the faux fur collar has lifted this everyday dress to dressier heights!



The beauty of a faux fur collar is that it fits over all manner of coats, jackets and vests, and because of the curved shape, it stays put.   I love wearing it with my leather jacket but my favorite item to wear it with is a longline vest.  It looks quite different with this addition, as you can see from these photos!



I love the contrast between the casual jeans, kicks and the smarter fur collar.  It's an unusual combination that I think works really well!

THE DETAILS









SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig