4/28/2013

Ask Niki // Versatile Going Out Tops

I’ve been really enjoying pulling together these look books for you, and it’s just as well as I have a few to do!  This one’s for Katy…

I really want a few nice tops that I could wear in a number of ways.  So, when I go out I don't always want to wear dresses, but I struggle to find an alternative. I have casual, quite plain tops, or smarter work shirts, that I don't tend to wear out because I associate them with work. So could you recommend something that it is funky and a bit special (not too covered up!) That I could team with some trousers and heels for going out but that I could throw a cardigan on top of and wear with jeans and pumps for a day out. Is this possible or am I asking too much from one little top!

No, you’re not!  I think it’s such a shame to keep clothes for best, so I'm all for helping you find tops that you can wear on a night out but dress down for day when you want to.  I’m sure some of your work tops would be great for nights out, but I totally understand you not wanting to wear ‘work’ clothes out of work.  I have a few items that I keep just for work and if I try to wear those out of work, it just doesn’t feel right...somehow I’m not in the right head space. 

I’ve pulled together two sets for you, the first one illustrates three suggestions styled for the evening and the second one below that, should give you some ideas on how you might want to dress them down.  I hope it helps!

Evening

http://www.polyvore.com/going_out_top_for_katy/set?id=79855338


Warehouse block top / River Island black shirt / French Connection halter top / River Island sleeveless top / Oasis / Topshop / Oasis highwaisted jeans / Zara lining shoes / ALDO shoes / ALDO shoes / Zara leather handbag / Triangle jewelry / Yellow gold jewelry / Kurt Geiger silver earrings / Zara real leather belt

Day


Going out tops, dressed down - Katy



River Island peplum tank / French Connection silk halter top / Warehouse / Hennes h m cardigan / Oasis flared denim skirt / Topshop petite boyfriend jeans / Warehouse / Topshop suede moccasin / Office lining shoes / Office leather shoes / Joules green shawl / Straw hat / Topshop western leather belt

Don't forget, if you have a fashion dilemma that you need a little help with, or fancy getting your own lookbook then email me here!  And if you need a little more help then get in touch here. Niki x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Amazing! Thank you, love the tops but also adore the leather heeled strappy shoes. Really want a pair like these this season so thank you for showing me these too. Will definitely take all this on noard xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so pleased you like my suggestions and the bonus shoes too! Enjoy shopping for them and let me know how you get on :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These looks are totally ravishing !

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig