1/27/2014

Ask Niki // Help, I Can't Find A Dress To Suit!

I had a lovely email from a reader last week, asking for help with dresses:

I am desperate to find a dress that suits me but my shape is so difficult that every dress I try on looks terrible.  They are either too big on my top half or too small around my bottom and hips and I don’t know where to look anymore.  I would love to be able to wear a dress on a night out instead of the same pair of black trousers that I have had for years, please can you help me?
- Hayley

Yes I can!! First you need to know that your shape is not awkward, you’re just not trying on the right styles for your shape.  From what you’ve said it sounds like you might be a pretty pear shape (the best shape, I might add…it’s the same as me :) ) which means that your shoulders are narrower than your hips, and I bet you have a great waist to boot!

I can totally relate to the problem you’re having with dresses, as before I understood how to dress for my shape I would try on dress after dress only to find they either fitted my top half or bottom half, but never both.  But the good news is that there are lots of gorgeous styles out there for us at the moment!

These are the styles that are probably best avoided.  You might find that one of these styles works, but more often than not they either won’t fit right or will be unflattering.

Best avoided by pear shapes

These however are PERFECT!  In fact there is a ton of choice out there at the moment for you so make the most of it and consider purchasing a few styles to restock your wardrobe.


http://www.polyvore.com/pretty_perfect_for_pears/set?id=110940935
Good luck, and let me know how you get on!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig