2/01/2014

Weekend Style Guide // Outfit Inspiration

This weekend’s style guide is a little different from the rest.   In the words of Bonjour Blogger! I’m spreading a little bloggy love and am featuring some of the bloggers that I turn to when I’m in need of a little style inspiration.   Sure I get ideas from magazines and celebrities, but I get the most inspiration from other bloggers, where it’s less about fashion and more about individual style.


http://www.faiiint.com/faiiint/
I love Stephanie’s edgy look.  She’s always head to toe in black but never boring.  She plays around with unusual shapes and structures and has some beautiful pieces in her collection.


http://grechenscloset.com/
Grechen’s totally nailed her look.  She invests in hard working pieces that she re-works again and again adding edge and individuality along the way.


http://mexiquer.blogspot.in/
 Ana rocks a lot of leather and skinnies (two of my favourite things).  She’s brilliant at layering and makes grunge look chic. 

 http://www.littlebirdfashion.com/
 Jen has a great personal style!  She has a brilliant ability to mix wardrobe staples with fashion items (and endless statement necklaces) to create countless different looks that are totally wearable.


http://www.theconfessionsofahairstylist.com/
Jenny is an AMAZING hair stylist, whenever I’m feeling lost with my hair I head over to Confessions of a Hairstylist and rummage through her hair tutorials for some inspiration.


http://www.delightfully-tacky.com/
Elizabeth is a pro at mixing and matching, check out her remix posts and you’ll see what I mean.  I love her confident, quirky style…she totally inspires me to mix things up a little and step outside my comfort zone. 

http://www.republicofchic.in/
Ruhi is a Bangalore based fashion blogger with a beautiful sense of style.  She mixes Indian designers with western to create a very individual and striking look.


http://shipshapeandbristolfashion.com/

I’ve been following SJ for years now, she’s an expert at mixing vintage clothing with high-street pieces and creates some brilliant looks!  My favourites are when she clashes prints, it’s genius!

Where do you go for your sartorial inspiration?  Are there particular blogs you head to again and again when you’re in need of fresh ideas?  In the spirit of spreading the blog love, go ahead and share your favourite style blogs below!

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Aww, thank you so much for including me on such a great list of bloggers! It's always great to see where others get there inspiration from - Delightfully Tacky looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I love your style!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ack!! thanks so much for featuring me here :) i'm so honored...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Niki,
    I've been following two blogs since I visited Bristol for the first time last spring (almost one year now, wow): yours and SJ's! I was so pleased to read this post :D
    I really like your style Niki. I love UK and I've been in northern India in 2011, so it's just a delight to follow your blog - sweet mix of British fashion and Indian culture + pictures...

    Best regards from Bordeaux (France)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chrystelle, it's really lovely to hear from you, thanks for such a great comment!! I'm chuffed to bits that you're enjoying reading my blog - that totally made my day :) I'd love to travel north India a little more before we leave, we've been to Jaipur and Jaisalmer but that's it. I'd love to visit Jodpur and Udaipur...where did you go? Do you have any tips?? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome, it's sincere.

    I'm more familiar with Himalayan culture (I went to meet Tibetan refugees) so I travelled to Dharamsala but also West Bengal and Sikkim, and I really loved this region! You need a pass (easy to get) to enter Sikkim, but after that you are in a totally different world :) Rajastan looks beautiful too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what an amazing experience that must have been!! We've talked about the possibility of visiting Sikkim it sounds wonderful...if we go I will have to ask you for some tips ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig