12/12/2014

ASK NIKI // LEATHER SKIRTS FOR PETITE FRAMES


Steph got in touch asking for some guidence on leather skirts for short legs.  Well, there are some gorgeous leather skirts on the high-street at the moment, but a lot of them are longer, midi length styles which are hard to wear if you’re not blessed with long legs.  So what do you do if you have shorter legs and want buy a leather skirt this season?  Well there are a few styles that are an exception to the rule, and I’ve picked out the best of them for you.
http://www.polyvore.com/leather_skirts_for_shorties/set?id=142345674



Once you’ve found your perfect skirt, there are few tricks I’ve learnt over the years that you can try to make your legs look even longer.  For example: tucking your top into your trousers or skirts will lengthen your legs, as will matching your shoe colour to your trousers or tights.  You don’t have to do both, but one of the two will make a huge difference.  Check out some of my favourite ways to wear a leather skirt in the video below.  I wanted to take some photos of myself in a few different looks, but the weather is terrible at the moment so I tried a little animation instead.  What do you think?


I have a leather skirt from Topshop that I wear again and again, and I consider it to be one of my wardrobe staples as it goes with pretty much everything and it hasn’t dated in the four years I’ve owned it.  What do you think to leather skirts?  Do you have one and do you think they’re a worthy investment?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love your animation!! I definitely want some high waisted leather skirts and I'm going to use your tips! :)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Oh, a high waisted leather skirt will look great on you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig