6/15/2016

1 ITEM, 3 WAYS // TUNIC TOP

This top is around 4 years old but there are so many similar styles in the shops this season that it looks like I bought it yesterday.  I love it when that happens and it's exactly why I tell clients not to get rid of items just because they're not currently in fashion!  If something doesn’t fit right or isn’t flattering, then sure, but binning something because it’s not in fashion, well that’s a waste!  There’s always a way to update an out-of-date piece and as we all know, trends come round again and again so hang onto the pieces you love and get creative with your styling!

This top is such a pretty shape and is such an easy breezy piece to wear.  I often just throw it over jeans and sneakers but it can easily be dressed up for work, or for a night out!

Top - Karen Millen / Jeans - Paige / Sneakers - Cath Kidston / Ring - India / Necklaces - Accessorie, Jane Kenney, Levitate Bangalore / Sunnies - Target

This first outfit is my go-to combination.   It takes very little effort to pull together and requires hardly any styling. 

Top - Karen Millen / Pants - Zara / Vest - Oasis / Shoes - Modern Vintage / Ring - India / Sunnies - Target

This second look is much more polished and edgy.  Throwing on a tailored vest and a pair of heels instantly takes the top from day to night and the different textures keep it interesting.


Top - Karen Millen / Pants - Zara / Shoes - Office Shoes / Necklace - Jane Kenney / Sunnies - Target

This third look is a little different for me, I wouldn't normally team a pair of wide leg trousers with a loose tunic top as the combination swamps me and makes me look shorter and wider than I am.  But here, it works.  And the reason it works is because the top has a little shape at the waist, helping to elongate my legs and highlight my curves.  It's a combination I often avoid but am so pleased I tried!  It just goes to show that it's worth stepping outside your comfort zone!!

 THE DETAILS:




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig