6/17/2013

1 ITEM 3 WAYS // BLACK JUMPSUIT

I normally photograph my three ways to wear inside as I’m not that comfortable posing outside the apartment; I get enough attention being pale and blonde without posing in front of a tripod in three different outfits!   Photographing three different looks on our balcony isn't easy either thanks to its small size and awkward shape, but yesterday it was drenched in the prettiest sunlight right before the sun went down, so I frantically changed into, and photographed, three different outfits before it set.

Left to right: Jumpsuit - French Connection / Heels - Russel and Bromly / Tan belt - Warehouse / Ring - House of Harlow / Earrings - Accessorize / Denim Shirt - from a friend / Leopard print sandles - Zara / Leather jacket - Topshop / studded belt - Topshop / Studded sandles - Office / Earrigns - Topshop / Sunglasses - Rayban.

This jumpsuit has been a favourite of mine over the last couple of years - I love its relaxed style and its versatility.   There’s something about wearing a jumpsuit that makes me feel chic...do you know what I mean?  I’m not sure what it is, maybe it’s because they look best with minimal styling?  They follow the ‘less is more’ rule and I guess that’s how I’d define chic.

I know they’re not to everyone’s taste, but if you put the time and effort in to finding a style that suits you I guarantee it will become a wardrobe favourite in no time. Do you like them?  Can you see a jumpsuit becoming one of your wardrobe staples?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Love that jumpsuit Niki! My body is long, so I haven't yet found a jumpsuit to suit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a jumpsuit but it does look seriously chic, I think I'd love one if I gave it a go! And your balcony is divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveeee this and I love the format of the post x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Laura, that's so lovely of you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should definitely give it a go Caroline! Let me know how you get on x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Nic, My body is long too! Try Mango and Zara (if you can get them in the US) they tend to be a little longer in the body that most retailers. There will be one out there for you, you just need ot keep trying :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sarah :) Yeah, it can be tricky to find a jumpsuit that fits right. Try heading to French Connection, Zara and tall ranges, to get one that's longer in the body. If they're too long in the leg just take them up...I had to x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Caroline, I think you should definitely give it a go! Let me know how you get on!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Nic, you should try Zara and Mango for jumpsuits that are a little longer in the body...or try the 'tall' concessions x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig