7/13/2013

BANGALORE BUNGALOWS

I love the colourful little bungalows and old houses that nestle between the trees and blocks of flats throughout Bangalore.  If it wasn’t for the ugly apartment blocks and towering office spaces that are taking over the city at a phenomenal rate, there would be far more of these charming houses lining the cities streets.  But the sad reality is that only a few are managing fight Bangalore’s bonkers boom.  It’s so sad to see so much of Bangalore’s heritage demolished!

Those that have managed to stand their ground are so enchanting and in such pretty colours.  I love the monkey tops that are supposed to deter the monkeys, and the beautiful lush gardens that often surround them.

These little bungalows and their pretty patterns are featuring heavily in my designs…I can’t wait to show you more!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig