1/13/2014

What I Wore // Leela Palace, Bangalore

One of the best things about living in India is the weather.  I’m someone who complains of being cold ALL THE TIME, even during a decent UK summer, so for me the temperature here is just perfect.  I know it’s kinda mean to write about the sunshine we’re enjoying when so many people are in the midst of the worst winter yet, but you know what?  My family and friends are miles away, I’ve not seen them for 4 months and I miss them terribly, so I reckon I’m allowed to sing about the positives of living abroad  :)

 
 
 
 
Scarf – gift from a friend / AC DC top – one of Alex’s old T’s that I customised / Stripe vest – H&M / Bag – Zatchels / Trousers – J Brand / Sandals – Office / Rings – from markets in India.

There are oodles of 5 star hotels in Bangalore and they’re all really expensive but sometimes it’s really nice to go sit, relax and sip a gin in their gardens, and that’s exactly what we did last Saturday.  One of our friends had just returned from a trip back to the UK - it was a longer trip than usual and he found it hard to leave home again for India – so he was keen to remind himself of the awesome reasons to live here.  Don’t get me wrong; I love living here I really do.  I will be very sad to leave when the time comes, but there are many things that make living in India difficult.  Spending a couple of hours in a beautiful garden, wrapped in sunshine is one of our little treats.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. The garden looks beautiful! I love your hair like this and that satchel is the perfect size, I really need to invest in a Zatchels saddle bag!


    Tara xo


    P.S I want Free People to open in the South West - forget London haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this outfit perfectly in tune with the background

    kisses

    www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. the weather totally rocks.. i agree. Enjoy it all and as you are doing make the most of it.....your family will be waiting and india lets you see the uk through rose tinted specs....I promise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather does look awesome, much nicer than this ice! ;) Trying to take it all in sounds like the best idea, it will be over far too quickly!


    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maria! Aw :( I hope the weather improves for you...I don't miss the ice and rain one bit! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're probably right :) thanks, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Tara, I'm having so many issues with my hair at the moment, the Indian water has done terrible things to it! This is one of my fave styles at the moment as it take no time at all and kinda works with the random waves :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig