9/09/2012

1 ITEM 3 WAYS // HAREM PANTS


Living in India was always going to influence my style choices; I mean how could it not?!   Every day is an assault on the senses.  Colourful concoctions of beautiful beaded saris and bold indo-western fashions hit me on a daily basis, I love it and it’s bound to impact on my own style in some way.

I know I’m not alone, I see many expats over here fully embracing Indian styles, but most of the time, they don't tweak it to make it work for them and their style, they just copy it. There’s nothing wrong with this, but it doesn’t work for me.  I’ve tried Indian outfits on but I don’t feel like me in them.  I struggle to make the Indian styles mine and find my own style gets lost a little…that is up until a few weeks ago, when it all clicked into place.

Al and I spent the weekend in Wayanad (a beautifully tropical place, in north east Kerala). While we were there we met Rocío and Nando, a couple from Seville who were travelling south India for a few weeks.  One evening, Rocío turned up to the bar wearing a beautiful pair of silk patterned trousers, teamed with a plain vest, denim shirt and leather sandals. It was the perfect mix of Indian and western style…and the inspiration I had been looking for.

Here’s Rocio in another of her beautiful purchases:

I’m still on the lookout for a pair of trousers to rival Rocío’s, but for now I’m making do with this pair I spotted in Zara (yes, the love affair with Zara still goes on).  It’s a very different look for me, but I really like it and they are SOOOOOOO comfortable to wear.  I’m also really impressed with how versatile they are…I’m loving them with neon and studs. Every now and then, I know the time has come for me to develop my style and try something new…so that's exactly what I did.

SHARE:

24 comments

  1. this is my favourite three ways to wear post ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love these trousers! My favourite is the pink top with gladiator sandals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy :) I htink that's my fave too x

      Delete
  3. I'm adoring the loose, flowy ensembles here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you styled these trousers! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arash thanks! That means a lot coming from a fellow stylist :) s

      Delete
  5. Loving these... you kinda can't go wrong with Zara can you?!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, never...Zara rocks! Thansk for commenting :)

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love your looks here!! You styled everything so nicely.

    ReplyDelete


  7. Great post!!

    Really love your style and posts!!

    A blog like this deserves following!

    Hope to see you back on mine for a peek :)

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janice, thanks! Am off to take a peek :) x

      Delete
  8. Great post!!! Love these trousers!!!
    Kisses
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elena, thanks for commenting and for being so lovely :)

      Delete
  9. Lovely post !

    Great inspiration :)

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful as always Niki. I'm loving the posts from India, adds a really interesting angle to fashion advice! Keep up the good work, hope you're having a lovely time out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gill :) Am back in Bangalore after 2 months away and am slowly getting back into it, thanks x

      Delete
  11. These trousers look amazing on you, and not many people can pull them off X

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! They're definitely a different style for me but I’ve not stopped wearing them since I posted this!

      Delete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig