8/23/2012

Blooming Marvellous!

Every August, Lalbagh Gardens host a flower show to celebrate Independence Day.  So a couple of weeks ago, I grabbed my macro lens, fought the crowds (I did, I had to barge through and be all impolite) and got a little snap happy. 


I love flowers.  I love to draw them, and we have a balcony full of them, but at the moment I’m a little obsessed with photographing them close up.  It creates beautiful colour combinations and shapes. It took me yonks to decide which ones to upload, but I think these are my favourites:


It was such a hot day so I wore this light dress with practical shoes...just as well as my feet were repeatedly stamped on in the glass house - ouch!

 
I've been working on my first necklace; a combination of my old collection of beads, and some new finds from India, so watch this space!

SHARE:

3 comments

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig