2/28/2014

In the Spotlight // Run, Baby, Run


Running trainers seem to be having their moment in the fashion spotlight, and why not? They’re comfortable and practical, come in all colours and patterns making it super easy to find a pair that will work with your wardrobe, and despite what you might think they actually work with a ton of different outfits. In fact it must be one of the most practical trends around this season…but sadly, it’s one I’m just not that keen on. I mean I have a few pairs of converse and a beloved pair of studded leather high-tops from Ash which I wear a lot, but running trainers? No, I’ve never been compelled to wear them anywhere but the gym.  But I often have to put my personal tastes to one side when I’m styling clients, so this weekend’s style guide is for those of you who would like to master this mix.

So, how to style running trainers? Well, it’s really down to how confident you’re feeling.  These stylish ladies prove that they just about go with anything, from skinny jeans to short skirts.

Sneaker style
If you have slim legs then I’d probably avoid going for a really clumpy pair and if you’re short you might want to consider a wedged pair, but whatever you do, make the trend work for you and don’t be persuaded to go for something just because it’s in fashion at the moment.  There's a ton of choice out there so go for something that works for you and your style.

http://www.polyvore.com/run_baby/set?id=114836086


I’ll probably be sticking to converse or Vans for now, how about you?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love my Converse and although I have a couple of pairs of running trainers, they're for actual running - wearing them for fashion's sake wouldn't do them any good and my running club teacher would tell me off!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig