1/12/2015

BIG NEWS


My work permit arrived after Christmas so I can now work in the USA!!!!

I can’t tell you how good it feels to have this little card in my hands finally.  It took four months to come, and I was starting to think it would never arrive but it’s here.  My life in the US feels more real now, and I can look forward to what 2015 might bring!

For the two years I lived in India, my visa forbid me to work.  It’s a very strange thing to go from working full time and running a business to suddenly not being able to work.  During those two years I put a lot of effort into keeping my UK business running remotely, I travelled back to Bristol each season to style clients and when I wasn’t doing that I was volunteering and enjoying the luxury of being able to do all the things I hadn’t had time to do in the past like photography, designing and crafting.   I was busy and I was loving it but I spent a lot of time worrying about my business and hoping that I’d be able to pick up where I left off when we returned home.

That hasn’t happened and that’s fine.  In truth, I think that a move back home might have felt a little boring compared to what we’d been doing those past two years.  A move to the USA has brought new and exciting challenges.  A lot has changed in my life since we left the UK for India and it feels right to be starting again in a new city with new opportunities. 

I’ve been running my styling business in the UK for over 6 years now, and have decided to bring it across the pond to Pittsburgh. It’s not going to be easy, it amounts to starting again, but it feels good to be running it full time in person again. 

So, my website and blog are updated, I have a new google+ page, and have updated my linked in profile as well as my twitter, Instagram and facebook profiles.

This is happening.

BRING IT!

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Oooh how exciting! :D Best of luck, I'm sure you'll get some super clients in no time! <3

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic new Niki.....I am absolutely sure you will make a great success......lucky chic os Pittsburgh i say. Ooooddles of love jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Niki! Very happy for you and wish you all the best with this next move :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks SJ :) I'm excited to see where both of our moves to the USA take us next!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig