1/06/2015

IN THE SPOTLIGHT // CHUNKY KNITWEAR

It’s snowing today, and it's -6 degrees C.  I’m all wrapped up in a super chunky sweater and have a pan of homemade Chai bubbling away on the stove.  I have a few errands to run this afternoon and can’t wait to head out in the snow, I love wrapping up in cosy warm clothes and heading out into the cold.

I have a couple of old faithful chunky sweaters that I’ve been wearing nonstop but I’m lusting after one more.

http://www.polyvore.com/cold_comfort/set?id=145425702



On the subject of knitwear, I’ve had to start getting used to calling them sweaters instead of jumpers (a jumper is a onesie over here).  People often look at me blankly when I'm talking; British English and American English really are quite different!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. A jumper is a onesie!? That makes no sense!! I hope you're keeping warm. :)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...someone told me that a jumper is a jumpsuit/onsie! It's like learning a whole new vocabulary: trunk = boot, cornstarch = cornflour, cilantro = coriander... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell me about it – pants as trousers!? I think not...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig