2/03/2015

1 ITEM 3 WAYS // VINTAGE DRESS


I've had such a great response to my new series – thank you!  It’s been so lovely to read your comments and emails, I’m chuffed to hear that you want to see more and love that a couple of you have even suggested items for me to work with…keep them coming!

This week I thought I’d work with a floral vintage dress that I bought at the Bath Flea market when I was home last year.  I don’t own many secondhand pieces as I often struggle to find things I like, that I can see working with my other clothes but as soon as I spotted this dress I knew it would be a good ‘un and I was right; it’s proven itself to be a versatile piece that can be dressed up and down really easily.


I find that adding a tailored jacket to almost any outfit can take it effortlessly to the office.   It’s a sharper more polished version of a cardigan, and there’s something about putting on a jacket that screams ‘I’m ready for work’!





Layering sweaters over dresses is something I've done for years, not only does it change the whole look of the dress but it’s so much warmer than layering tops underneath - there’s a limit as to how much you can fit under a dress!  



This look is my favorite way to wear the dress, I like the contrast between the studded belt and the feminine floral print, and it’s also the simplest of the three looks.

Do you buy many vintage items?  Maybe you could share some tips on how to find the right piece?!

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. What a pretty frock! It looks so cute worn with your fluffy jumper. :)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tara :) it's such a cosy outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful dress! I like all three looks but yeah, that studded belt with it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jennifer! I love studded belts...I tend to throw them on with most outfits

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just yesterday I did the sweater and dress combo and loved it and will be trying it out more when Spring comes!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig