6/22/2015

IN THE SPOTLIGHT // PINAFORES


I watched Soul Asylum and The Meat Puppets play in Pittsburgh last week and was transported back to the early 90’s where my teenage self would have been beyond excited!  I’ll always love grunge, I grew up on it and it influenced my style of dress for years.  I’m still drawn to 90’s inspired fashion today but as my style has matured (and become more flattering!) I’ve gradually moved away from it.

After the gig I found myself hankering after the outfits from my teens, especially the plaid, midi-length pinafore dress in a cheesecloth fabric that I wore layered over a white cropped t-shirt.  But as much as I’d like to wear that outfit again, I won’t.  Wearing the same outfit 20 years later is tantamount to writing my age on my forehead!

Lucky for me the pinafores from the 90’s are in a myriad of new guises, meaning I can re-live my teens…without looking like I am.


Pinafore love


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig