6/05/2015

IN THE SPOTLIGHT // PARTY FLATS

I've had to take a break from blogging over the last few weeks, so that I could devote all my time to finishing the designs for my first collection of scarves.  It’s taken me longer to finish them than I’d hoped it would, as I’ve been teaching myself how to use Illustrator along the way.  But thanks to YouTube and a beginner’s course at Techshop, I am finally finished! (WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!) I sent them off to the printers last week, so now all I can do is sit back and wait!!  I promise to share them with you as soon as they arrive.

As if that’s not enough excitement, I’m heading back to the UK with Al this weekend, for our friend’s wedding!  I. CANNOT. WAIT.  It’s only been 6 weeks since I was home last, but it feels like months ago that I last saw everyone.

The wedding is being held festival style in a field, and guests have been advised to ‘pack sensible shoes and leave the stilettos at home!’   Heels are my weapon of choice when I need to transform an outfit into something dressier, so I was a little unsure how I was going to manage to pull together something that would be smart enough without them.  But you know what?  I don't know what I was worrying about!

There are some gorgeous flats out there and if you're not prepaired to give up your heels there are plenty of chunky styles and wedges that will stop you sinking into the ground.  This is my roundup of the best on the high-street at the moment:

http://www.polyvore.com/pretty_practical/set?id=163379292

Are you a diehard high heel wearer, or would you consider flats for a special occasion?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig