8/17/2015

1 ITEM 3 WAYS // LEOPARD PRINT MAXI SKIRT


I’ve been back in Pittsburgh for a week now, my 10 days in the UK whizzed by too quickly (as usual) and I wish I’d had more time to see everyone, but I know I’m fortunate to have had those 10 days…Al only had 2.

We don’t have any plans to return to the UK over the next 6 months so it was heartbreaking that there were so many people we didn't get to see and I hated saying goodbye to the people we did see, but at the same time there was a part of me that couldn’t wait to get back home to Pittsburgh and pick up where I'd left off with #stylishpittsburgh and work…I have lots of exciting things coming up, not least launching my first collection of scarves!  I’ve shared a few pictures of them on Instagram but I’ll be sharing more over here in the next week.

Today I want to share another Weekday / Weekend / Wow with you, featuring an old favorite of mine, this leopard print maxi skirt.  I think you all know by now that I wear maxi skirts A LOT and consider them a wardrobe staple.  Not least because they’re comfortable in the heat (I wore them almost every day in India, see here, here and here), but they’re also flattering and versatile too.

I have to admit that I tend to wear this skirt casually, so I was interested to see if I could change it up a little for the evening and the office. 


Skirt - Whistles / Blouse - Oasis / Bangle - India / Shoes - India

When it’s 90F outside, it’s hard to know what to wear to the office that won’t leave you looking like a hot, sweaty, unprofessional mess.   I wasn’t too sure that I could make this work for the office, but I think the addition of the blouse works really well.  Tucking tops in makes for a much more polished look for the office, but then I always tuck my tops into maxi skirts (unless they’re cropped of course) as it’s pretty unflattering otherwise.


Vest - Iron Maiden Concert / Skirt - Whistels / Sandles - Office / Bag - Zara / Bangles - India


One of my favorite looks is mixing band t-shirts with prints, especially if they’re of the animal variety!  This Iron Maiden top was originally a t-shirt that I bought when I saw them live, but it ended up being too big, so I did a little DIY and turned it into a vest instead.

Skirt - Whistels / Top - Reiss / Bangles - India / Shoes - Zara

This final outfit is one that I’ve been wanting to pull together for a while now.  The top is from Reiss, it’s about 5 years old but I’m ashamed to say it’s one of the few items I don’t wear all that much so it’s great to dig it out of the closet and give it some of the limelight. I love this look and will definitely be wearing the top more from now on!

I could pull together another three outfits with this skirt, it’s that versatile!  What’s the most versatile item in your wardrobe?






City Junction - Bangalore, India

 In With the Old



Mixing and matching is what I do best, so if you’d like me to assess your closet and uncover a whole host of outfits that you didn’t even know where there, then check out my Personal Styling business here and get in touch, I’d love to help!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig