10/12/2015

1 ITEM 3 WAYS // WHISTLES DRESS


Over the last few months I've been making a huge effort to spend as little as possible so that I can invest every penny I make into growing my business and developing my scarves.  Even though it's paying off and I'm getting new clients come through, it's been difficult (especially when I've been shopping for clients) and has taken all my will power to resit the temptation to spend, but so far I've done well, I haven't spent a penny and I have these posts to thank for that.  They've forced me to be even more creative with what I already own and I really feel like they've rejuvenated my closet!  I know I shouldn't be surprised as rejuvenating peoples closets is what I do for a living, but I guess I thought I'd exhausted all the possibilities in my own wardrobe!

Dress - Whistles / Top - No.14 Boutique / Boots - DSW / Hat - Urban Outfitters
Alex normally to photographs my weekday, weekend, wow outfits throughout the week when we're out and about, but he was away all week so I had to come up with a different way to illustrate my three outfits.  I really liked the way my scarf animation turned out so I thought I’d have a go at doing a three ways to wear in a similar style.  It was a little tricky, as the best spot for natural lighting is at the end of our apartment where there isn't really a suitable backdrop, so I had to set up a makeshift studio in front of the window.  It didn't turn out too bad, but I'll be glad to have my photographer back for the next one!

This dress is one of those items I thought I couldn't do much more with but (apart from the weekday look, which is one of my staple work-wear outfits) the other two looks are outfits I haven't worn before...and I've had this dress for 7 years!  I love it when I can make an old favorite feel new.
 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig