3/29/2016

1 ITEM, 3 WAYS // FLORAL BLOUSE


The building blocks of my closet are all fairly neutral and plain, and that works well for me.  It takes me little time and minimal effort to pull together an outfit, and I can seamlessly slot print pieces, trend items and vintage pieces into my closet without sacrificing the versatility of my collection.

One of the print pieces that had absolutely no trouble finding it's place in my collection is this floral blouse.  During the winter months I layered it under knitwear, long-line vests,  sleeveless dusters and my faux fur leopard print coat (FYI, floral and leopard prints are a splendid combination!) and now that the weather's warming up it's proved itself to be more versatile than ever, earning the title 'most transitional piece'.

Top - Loft / Jeans - Levis / Leather jacket - Topshop / flats - Zara / Bangles - a mix of Indian, my Mum's and Bristol Jeweller, Jane Kenny  / Sunglasses - Target
A floral blouse like this has the potential to look a little old or mummsy, but not when it's teamed with a well worn leather jacket and gently ripped jeans.

Top - Loft / Pants - Zara / Boots - DSW / Ring - Vintage, India.
When I first spotted this top it had very little hanger appeal, but I knew the shape and color of this one would be great for me, so I tried it on.  I was wearing these faux leather pants at the time and instantly loved the combination, so it's one I've stuck with!

I've learned to look past how clothes look on the hanger and to focus on the shape and color of a garment instead.  And in fact, when I'm taking a client shopping it's often the pieces they like the least on the hanger that they end up loving the most, once they've tried them on. 

Top - Loft / Skirt - Zara / Boots - Aldo / Ring - H&M
This outfit is the meeting of two great transitional pieces.  It's the same skirt that I featured in last weeks 3 ways to wear.   I admitted then that I'd been wearing it rather a lot lately, so it should come as no surprise to see it on the blog again so soon.   I'm a big fan of this pairing, the blouse softens the skirt a little and the skirt gives the blouse a little structure.


THE DETAILS







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig