3/08/2016

1 ITEM, 3 WAYS // SKINNY FLARES

Lately I've been swapping my uniform of skinny jeans for a skinny flare that combines the skinny style I'm used to, with just the right amount of flare.  They're the perfect style to help me kick my skinny jeans addiction and have opened up a heap of new outfit possibilities, too ( I love it when one new addition provides countless new outfits)!


Faux fur scarf - Warehouse // Sweater - Free People // Skinny Flares - Kristi Boutique // Boots - Aldo

This first outfit has been a favorite off duty look of mine over these cold couple of months.  Before introducing these pants to my collection, I would wear this sweater loose over skinny jeans and add a pair of heeled boots to lengthen my legs, but when I tried the same look with these flares it didn't work as well.  I felt the sweater shortened my legs a little too much, but all it took to solve the problem was a quick tuck to shorten the sweater.

Top - Oasis // Skinny Flares // Kristi Boutique // Shoes - Russel and Bromley // Short necklace - Accessorize // Notty Necklace - Jane Kenney // Long Pendent - Levitate India // Scarf  - McQueen

This is another top that I normally wear un-tucked over skinny jeans.  I would sometimes tuck the front in as I've done with the sweater in the previous outfit but generally, the most flattering way for me to wear it over skinny's, is to keep it loose.  When I wear these flares however, I think it's more flattering to tuck it in and that's mainly due to the sight flare balancing out my hips a little and the high waist lengthening my legs.


Polo neck - Zara // skinny flares - Kristi Boutique // Vest - Zara // Boots - Aldo // Ring - Frost Finery
Photo taken by the lovely Jessa

I kind of stumbled upon this third outfit whilst looking for an extra layer to wrap up in when it was 20F outside.  Al and I were running late to meet friends and I was struggling to fit the chunky sweater I was wearing, under my coat, so I quickly swapped the sweater for this this vest (the lack of sleeves is just brilliant for layering) and was taken aback by how well it worked!  I had expected the outfit to drown me but it didn't, and I guess that's due to me wearing all one color.
 

THE DETAILS:






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig