5/04/2016

1 ITEM, 3 WAYS // DARK DENIM FLARES

I realize that this post is a little late this week, but Al and I got back from Africa last week and then flew out to Knoxville TN the following day so I've had a ton of catching up to do with work despite being shattered.  It dawned on us, on the return flight to Pittsburgh from Knoxville, that we'd actually taken 12 flights in 12 days.  How crazy is that!?

I barely had enough time to unpack, wash and re-pack in between Africa and Knoxville, so I just grabbed these flares and a few trusted versatile tops and packed light for Knoxville.  I had planned to photograph the outfits while we were away but in reality we were too busy so only managed to shoot one look.  The others were photographed by me using my trusty Sony Alpha, remote, and tripod. 

Top - Whistles / Jeans - Free People / Earrings - Nicolette Jewellery Sculptures / Bangles -  Indian markets  / Shoes - Topshop
 I've become a pretty big fan of flares recently not only are they pretty flattering on my pear shape, they're also really comfortable, too, which is becoming more and more important to me.  Gone are the days when I'd happily sacrifice comfort for style.  This first outfit is such an easy one to throw together - there's no tucking in or belting needed and it requires minimal accessorizing, too, thanks to the pretty print and high neck.

Top - TJ Maxx  /  Jeans - Free People / Shoes - Topshop / Bangle - Indian Market / Scarf - Niki Whittle Designs


I love teaming long tops with wide leg trousers or flares, but as I'm not fortunate enough to have long legs I often find need to wear heels to prevent the outfit swamping me.  Have you spotted the scarf?  It's one of mine!  It's a large silk square scarf that I've folded and rolled into a skinny scarf.  It's one of four designs that will be available to purchase in the next couple of months (!!!!).  More on that later!


Surprise, surprise, I'm wearing my Iron Maiden t-shirt again!  I normally wear it with black skinnies but I fancied a change so threw it over my flares instead, and loved it!  I've tucked it in a little at the front to give the boxy top a little more shape and have layered a ton of necklaces over it to make it a little more feminine. 

THE DETAILS:






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig