5/10/2016

1 ITEM, 3 WAYS // MONOCHROME BLOUSE

Things have been a little hectic round here lately, and a little stressful.  We've been traveling a ton lately but there are also some changes a coming which has meant it's been hard for me to focus and to channel my energy in the right direction.  But as always, I'm adapting, and starting to feel a little more like myself.  I'll fill you in on more when the time is right, but right now I'm keen to share this pretty blouse* from Joules with you all.  I've featured Joules on the blog before, they're a 'Brilliantly British' brand and I love any opportunity to champion our fab British brands and our style.

Top - Joules / Pants - J Brand / Jacket - Zara / Shoes - Aldo / Necklace - Jane Kenney Contemporary Jewelry

Blouses are one of my go-to pieces when I'm working.  I've never really been a fan of button ups as I rarely find them comfortable, but a blouse, well now they're always comfortable and they marry just the right amount of smart and casual which is so often the workplace dress code these days.  I like to tuck my blouses in to a pair of high waist pants - it elongates my legs (which is ALWAYS good!) and it looks a little more polished for meeting clients. 

Top - Joules / Jeans - Paige / Jacket - Topshop / hoes - Topshop / Bag - Angel Jackson / Sunnies - Target
For this second look, I've dressed the blouse down by teaming it with jeans and my old faithful leather jacket.  It's the perfect combination for the spring season in Pittsburgh where it can be warm one minute and cool the next. 

Top - Joules / Jeans - Free People / Scarf - McQueen / Ring - India / Bangles - India and Jane Kenney Contemporary Jewellery
 This final look features the flares from last weeks three ways to wear.  I've been wearing them lots lately and love them with this blouse!  As you can see I'm a little smitten with tucking tops in, especially when I'm wearing them with higher waist pants!

THE DETAILS:

Blouse - Joules / Jacket - Zara / Pants - J Brand / Necklace - Jane Kenney Contemporary Jewellery

Top - Joules / Jacket - Topshop / Skull necklace - Tina Lilienthal / Ring - Manish Arora for Amrapali / Bag - Angel Jackson / Sunnies - Target
Top - Joules / Scarf - McQueen, Jeans - Free People / Ring - India / Bangels an mix of bangles from India and bangles from Jane Kenney Contemporary Jewellery

*I am occasionally offered an opportunity to work with brands to promote their items. However, this in no way reduces my independence or dedication to providing honest, impartial advice and I ONLY work with or accept brands and their items that I ,myself, would purchase or that I would recommend to my clients.  In a bid to be open and honest with my readers, those rare items that I feature that are through such an arrangement are marked with a star *


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig