6/22/2016

1 ITEM, 3 WAYS // CAMO PRINT MAXI SKIRT

Maxi skirts are my go to when the weathers hot and this one is probably my favorite.  I picked it up in the Whistles sale over four years ago but I love how current it still looks!  I'll admit, there isn't a whole lot you can do with a maxi skirt to change the look - if the length works with flats it'll probably hover at an annoying length with heels so most of the time it's one or the other.  You can, however wear them with a whole host of different tops to create a range of looks.


Skirt - Whistles / Jacket - Topshop / Tops - Zara / Sandals - Indian market / Bangle - India / Sunglasses - Target
You all know how much I love my leather jackets!  I love teaming them with feminine pieces like this skirt, it adds a little edge and it's shape is such that it doesn't swamp my shape or hide my waist too much.


Skirt - Whistles / T-shirt - Juju / Bangles - India / Sunglasses - Target
Ahhhhhh I love a good band -t and, like the leather jacket, I love to team them with more feminine shapes.  I always tuck tops into this skirt as I find it more flattering, especially if they're boxy or loose.


Skirt - Whistles / Tops - Reiss / Shoes TJMaxx / Bangles - India
I have often wanted to dress this skirt up with heels, but it sits at a funny length and hovers uncomfortably.  I've played around in the past with tying a knot in my maxi's to stop them dragging on the floor, so I thought I would try tying a knot on both sides and see what that looks like.  It's not perfect but I actually quite like it! It's even better from the side...it looks like a pair of harem pants!


THE DETAILS:






What are you styling tips for getting maximum wear out of maxi's?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig