9/07/2016

3 WAYS TO WEAR // MATCHING SEPERATES // PART I

As a pear shape, finding dresses that fit both my top half and bottom half isn't always easy.  It's one of the main reasons I wear so many separates, the other being that I enjoy the flexibility that separates give me.  So when the mini-trend of matching two pieces started to appear I was over the moon as not only does it give me a ton of flexibility to create a variety of outfits, it also enables me to create the perfect fitting dress for my shape!

I know for some of us it might seem obvious to split up a matching top and bottom and create multiple outfits with the separates, but I know from experience that it doesn't occur to everyone.  I can't tell you how many clients have outfits hung together in their closet that they've never once never thought to split up.

So with that in mind, this weeks 3 ways to wear illustrates a few ways to split up a matching two piece.  This week I'm focusing on the skirt half of this outfit, next week I'll feature the top.  And as a result of my previous post, asking for suggestions and feed back, (thanks so much to everyone that took the time to respond!) I'm going to trial a new post next week that will offer a few tips for making this look work for your shape, and suggest a few options available to purchase now that will enable you to create similar looks to these.  I'd love to know what you think, so come back next week!

Top  and skirt - Warehouse / Bangle - India / Shoes - Aldo
I love wearing these two pieces together, it's one of those outfits that just feels great on!  There isn't much else to say here other than I love the fit and I love the look!


Skirt - Warehouse / Top - Topshop / Shoes - Nordstrom Rack / Necklace - Tina Lilienthal
For the second look, I've dressed things down a little by swapping the matching top for a more casual camisole.  A t-shirt would work well here too, as would a tight cami, although I feel that my shape benefits a little more from a looser style that doesn't highlight my larger bottom half.  The loose silhouettes are also perfect for the summer weather we're still enjoying in South Carolina.

Skirt - Warehouse / Tops - Zara / Shoes - Vince Cameto / Shades - Target
By swapping the matching top for this light sweater I'm able to lengthen the life of the skirt and take it into fall.  I try to avoid wearing tops that sit over the tie at the waist as they will add bulk so I'll often lightly tuck the front of the top into the skirt if it's too bulky to tuck in all the way round

THE DETAILS:







http://convertalinktest.affiliatewindow.com




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig