11/27/2013

What I Wore // City Junction, Bangalore, India

If you’ve ever been to India then you’ll know that the train stations are always a bustling array of colourful saris, old suitcases, street dogs, and ‘miscellaneous stalls’ it makes for a colourful backdrop! There’s rarely a boring black suitcase or set of designer luggage in sight; things are done old skool here with old fashioned trunks and suitcases that would be the envy of every vintage loving fashionista back at home.

Entire families travel with oodles of luggage in tow that’s carefully wrapped in cloth before being carried through the station by porters that can seemingly carry 20-30kg on their heads without any trouble at all!  Even the motorbikes are padded with straw and clothed in canvas for travel.

In the final week of my parents visit to India, they took the train to Mysore for a few days to see the palace lights and shop the famous silk.  Thanks to me the start of their trip was a bit hectic – I dropped them off at the wrong station and then had 10 minutes to to make the 15 minute journey to the other side of Bangalore  - but once they were safely on their way (yes, they made it...just) Al and I decided to make use of the colourful back drop and had an impromptu photography session (something that we definitely need to do more of) and as Al was in the mood to take photos and play around with his camera, I made the most of it and roped him in to doing some outfit shots.




I pretty much live in maxi skirts over here; they’re so comfortable and are perfect in the heat.  I mostly wear them with plain vests and cropped T’s, but my current favourite is to team them with band t-shirts.


T-shirt - ASOS / Belt - Topshop / Bag - Zara / Skirt - Whistles / Shoes - Office / Bangles - Rankosh


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. as always lovely Niki... great pics.....i like the one at the stall with the clash of colours and mix of blues x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I think that's my favourite one too I love the colours! x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig