11/05/2013

Style Studded // Wearing Vintage in Bath


Al took these photos while we were back in the UK together, I meant to upload them to the blog weeks ago but I’d not really felt like bogging until recently so here they are, a little later than planned.  When I was packing for my trip back home, the UK was in the middle of a heat wave so I kept my fingers crossed that the sun would keep shining while I was there, and packed a few summery outfits to wear. 

This was one of them, although sadly I think I only managed to wear it once as it turned out that the UK heat wave was a tad mild for me after living in India for the past 6 months.  I picked up this vintage dress back in August while we were in Delhi.  I’ve not had much luck finding vintage shops in Bangalore; I get the feeling that shinny new things are much more desirable, but Delhi has a burgeoning vintage scene so I made sure we visited some of them while we were there.

I found this dress in Les Parisiennes in Delhi.  It's a different look for me, I like to broaden my options a little and try to introduce some new styles into my wardrobe.


I’ve always loved the look of vintage dresses on others but when I have the chance to invest in something for myself, I struggle to find something I really love, so was really pleased when I spotted this little dress in the corner of the shop.  The style is perfect for my pear shape and I know it's something I know I'll get a lot of use out of over in India.


I’d naturally gravitate towards wearing a studded belt and flat sandals or converse with a dress like this (I sometimes feel too dressy in heels) but in the spirit of trying something new, I thought I’d team it with a pair of heels. 

Leather jacket - Whistles / Dress - Les Parisiennes, Delhi
Shoes - Russel and Bromley / Belt - Warehouse / Bangles - Comercial St, Bangalore
Sunglasses - Rayban
What do you think?  Do you have to force yourself to try new looks or are you someone who loves to wear something different every day??
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I love your dress, it looks lovely with the jacket. I am definitely someone who loves to wear something different everyday although I don't seem to wear my vintage as much now I am working in an office all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is lovely - is it cotton? I have a habit of picking polyester dresses which look nice but aren't great on my skin. I feel like every day is different for me in terms of what I wear - some days it's vintage, some days it's printed trousers and blouses. The only thing I haven't worn in ages is jeans - I am lusting after a 'boyfriend' style though so that might change soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the dress....especially with the chunky heals, i am with you on the flats option. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah, thanks, yes it is cotton but I know what you mean
    about polyester dresses, it's actually surprisingly hard to find vintage
    dresses that are cotton and you're so right, they really don't feel great on
    the skin. I'm impressed that you've not worn jeans in ages; you must be in the
    minority!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ceri, thanks :) you have such a good selection of vintage items, I'm surprised that you don't wear it much in the office...is it too good for that ;) x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig