11/04/2014

Weekend Style Guide // Summer Dresses In Winter

The weather here can't seem to make it's mind up at the moment.  One day it's 5 degrees Celsius and the next it’s 20; we even had snow at the weekend, I can’t keep up!  I’ve already put most of my summer wear into storage but I did hold on to a couple of items that I thought I might be able to layer up a little for the in-between weather.  Living in India for two years has left me with a disproportionate amount of summer clothing so I’m keen to try and dip into that for as long as I possibly can. 

My Weekend Style Guide last weekend was about layering so I thought I’d follow that up by showing you a few ways that I’ve been layering my summer clothes so they work for now.

First up is my maxi dress, it was a real wardrobe staple and a big favourite of mine in india as it was super comfortable and super versatile.  I could wear it this way round, or I could wear it back to front for a completely different look. 

Dress : Oasis / Belt : Topshop / Bag : Homemade  /  Shoes : Zara / Ring : The Rogue And The Wolf / Sunglasses : Rayban
I'm not sure why, but many people shy away from wearing maxi dresses in winter.  Maybe it's the throught of them dragging along a wet pavement?  Nic showed me a neat way to tie the bottom of a maxi so they don't; it’s perfect for when it's drizzling outside.  This must be one of my most comfortable outfits so far this season, it’s so warm and cosy and I can layer it up even more if I want to by adding a shirt under the jumper, or throwing a blanket wrap over the top.

Dress : Oasis / Shoes : Zara / Jumper : Topshop / Scarf : Zara / Bangles : India

I wore this next dress a lot in India, (you can see some pics here, here and here).  I loved the dip hem as it kept me cool without showing too much leg.

Dress : TKMaxx / Sandals : Pavers England / Scarf : Accessorize / Belt : Warehouse / Bangles : India
I love how easy it is to transform it into something totally different, just with a little layering!

Dress : TKMaxx / Leather jacket : Whistles / Boots : DSW / Belt : Topshop / Hat : Urban Outfitters

Do you pack away your summer clothes when the winter season draws in?  I always think it makes sense to as it frees up space in the wardrobe and doesn’t muddy the water when looking to pull outfits together. 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I definitely wear maxi dresses all year round! I also pack away my seasonal wardrobes, I just don't have space for everything ha! <3


    Tara x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig