10/28/2014

IN THE SPOTLIGHT // ANKLE BOOTS

I often struggle to find boots that are right for me; I have short legs so most don’t seem to sit quite right, I also have really narrow feet and I find that high-street boots tend to be quite wide.  Ankle boots would be my go to style as they sit at a much more flattering height for me, but up until now I'd found the choice fairly limiting.  Luckily for me, this season that's all changed.

Ankle boots have taken over the high-street, they're everywhere and in so many different styles too!  So as my pumps really won’t cut it in a Pittsburgh winter, I’ve decided to invest in a couple of pairs of ankle boots.  It feels extravagant but when something that fits and flatters me is in fashion, and in abundance, I have to bite the bullet and invest.  The difficult part is deciding which style to go for...


http://www.polyvore.com/short_sweet/set?id=138848504


It’s been interesting getting to grips with the American high-street, learning about how the different brands fit, and understanding the sizing (hopefully it won’t be much longer before I can start styling clients over here).  I’ve realised that there is a much wider choice in clothing sizes than we have in the UK, and when it comes to shoes the fit can vary considerably from one brand to another, unlike on the British high-street where it seems like most are wide or wider.

Finding boots that fit and suit me has been such a revelation, it's opened up a whole host of outfit possibilities and has breathed new life into my existing wardrobe.   All the dresses and skirts that would normally get pushed to the back of the closet for lack of footwear to go with, have suddenly become a possibility; it’s like I'm shopping my wardrobe – there’s no need to hit the shops for more clothes when I can pull together a bunch of new looks right from my own wardrobe!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. The timing of this post could not have been any better Niki! I'm on the hunt for a pair of ankle boots, so that my outfits have more possibilities and of course I have warm feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree ankle boots are a wardrobe essentil. I have a lovely pair from Dream in Green and I wear them all the time for work, daytime and nights out. I love the leopard print ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those leopard ones are sooo cute! Eeep, I'm really excited for you - just thinking of the awesome sales US stores have, gives me butterflies! ;)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are! And they're from DUO in Bath...so within your reach ;) Yeah, it's pretty awesome being able to walk into Free People and Anthoropologie! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sound great! I wish I had the guts to go for colour, but instead I choose black; I just can't help it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh brilliant! Let me know how you get on!! Have you been into Macys or Nordstrom? They have such a great choice at the moment and I think Macys have some decent discounts now too. There's also DWS but the choice is a little more limiting. Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been into Nordstrom - tried on two pairs but they looked very different on me than off, I was with the kiddo too, so I think I'll try it along next week when she's in preschool. I haven't been to Macy's yet though but have been scouring online!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you like, let me know what kind of style your after and I'll let you know if I've seen anything :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig