1/20/2015

1 ITEM 3 WAYS // FAUX LEATHER TROUSERS


Last week I reorganized my Feedly account and deleted a few of the style and fashion blogs that I used to follow.  I’ve found myself getting bored with their apparent need to buy and showcase new purchases every week.  I can’t relate to that and am not interested in it either.   I’ve realized that I am far more interested in and inspired by bloggers who work with what they already have, and make considered purchases…maybe I’m getting old?  I don’t know. 

I don’t have big a budget to spend on clothes, and as my wardrobe is a pretty average size I have to be as creative as possible with what I have.  I don’t actually mind this, as boring as it may sound - I like the challenge of building a hard working collection of clothes that I can play around with and pull a ton of different looks from. 

As you know, I have uploaded the occasional outfit post to my blog, and the intention with these has always been to illustrate how I pull together a variety of looks from my capsule collection of clothes.  But I’ve been wondering lately whether randomly uploading an outfit post 'now and then' really does this at all. 

So I’ve decided to trial a new fortnightly series on here that I hope will illustrate this better: Weekday / Weekend / Wow, in which I'll pick an item from my wardrobe and show you how I wear it (yes, you've guessed it) in the week, at the weekend, and for a night out (...Wow-ing).  It’s not revolutionary but I hope that it will demonstrate that you don’t need to purchase new clothes each week to create lots of looks…I’m also hoping that it will encourage me to look at my closet with fresh eyes.

So here’s the first – Faux leather trousers.  Because a couple of people tweeted asking how to wear them and because they’re my current favorite.


I’m really keen to fill my blog with posts that you guys want to read, so I’d be interested to hear what you think about this idea…or to hear any suggestions you might have!  Also, if there is something in your wardrobe that you’d like help styling then tweet me, write on my facebook wall, message me, or comment below, and I’ll do a Weekday / Weekend  / Wow, post for you!

SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I love this idea, I have about zero clothes budget at the moment so seeing one item multiple ways is always helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bailie, thanks! I hope it helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Niki - I think this idea is great! I have a limited clothes budget too and since I have moved to a new city with a completely different climate from the last, not to mention a totally different expectation in terms of dress & style, my capsule wardrobe has to be fully functional. I also really like your posts about what to pack as I find those helpful when trying to dress from a capsule wardrobe too. Looking forward to seeing more posts. Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Zoe, thanks for the comment! I know how hard it is to move to a new city with a totally different climate!! So pleased you like this idea and that you find my ‘what to pack’ posts useful! I think it’s almost time for another one of
    those. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect timing! I just got the faux leather pants I ordered on your recommendation today! They ARE surprisingly warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! So pleased you've found them warm!! I wear mine with a thin pair of tights underneath, it's actually pretty comfortable and makes them even warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Josie, thanks! I’m pleased you think it’s a good idea!! Yeah, I think the weekend outfit’s my favorite too, it’s so cosy comfy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Niki, this is excellent! I love the idea and hope you keep more coming! I would never in my wildest dreams think I could pull off leather trousers, but this actually makes me think it might be possible... I get SO tired of jeans, but feel like they are all I have in my closet and are so terribly boring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! You should definitely try a pair of leather trousers, there are lots of styles around at the moment and you should find a great pair in the sale so you won’t have to invest too much in something that you’re not totally sure about! Let me know how you get on and if you want any advice, just ask!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Niki! I'm visiting from Grechen's blog because your blog link to "faux leather trousers" intrigued me. I bought a pair of Eileen Fisher coated black denim leggings and I haven't worn them yet because of [fear of change] not being sure of what to pair them with. So thanks for the cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, thanks for visiting! Those denim leggings are great!! As with most leggings, the key is to wear items that are long. I’d wear them with a long chunky piece of
    knitwear in the day, or a long loose blouse in the evening. Try to treat them as you would a normal pair of jeans (I kow that's easier said than done when they’re something a little outside your comfort zone). I’d love to know how you get on, so keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this feature idea Niki – you should definitely use your skills as a stylist to be whipping the rest of us into shape with what we wear! Since moving I've had the same issue – a smaller wardrobe and not feeling the urge to constantly buy new. Looking forward to seeing more W/W/W posts in the future :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey SJP, thanks! Moving country’s definitely forces you to look at your wardrobe in a different way. I’ve been loving your recent thrifting purchases, I wish I was better at
    shopping vintage and second hand.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did it! Long grey sweater and a pair of booties. I love being more daring!!! Woo hoo!😁

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha! That's brilliant!! Sounds like a super chic outfit. Yay for being more daring and stepping outside your comort zone :D

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig