1/23/2015

WEEKEND STYLE GUIDE // SALE PIECES YOU WILL WEAR FOR YEARS!


 I've mentioned before that I don't like to hit the shops in the sales but that doesn't mean that I'm not shopping them.  I'm just doing it online instead.  This is mainly because I don’t like the experience in store during sale time, but it's also because I feel that you get more choice online. 

I tend to scour the rails for investment pieces that I can't normally afford to splurge on, the good quality items that form the foundation of my wardrobe, that need to last and have to be versatile. Sometimes I'll be tempted into buying a fashion item that may work the following season, but generally I try to avoid items that I don’t think I’ll get the millage out of…it’s the same mentality I have when I’m shopping non sale stock!

I don’t know about you, but I think this year’s January sales have been great!  I’ve found a great selection of staple pieces that are heavyly reduced, check these out:

http://www.polyvore.com/wardrobe_staples_on_sale/set?id=146895533




What do you look for in the sales?  Do you hit hte shops with an item in mind or do you just browse and see what takes your fancy?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I've been trying to get better at shopping for staples, so I have a list on my phone of things that would fill holes in my closet. It makes shopping a lot easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those leopard Chelsea boots are pretty near perfect in my mind! I usually shop with something in mind: Either an item, a brand, or shoes, for example. That helps me stay focused. And I need focus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea! I'm going to add a list to evernote of the items I need :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren’t they! I love them too!! I do the same as there are certain brands that I know I can't afford until they go into sale, and like you it also helps me focus. It's also a great way to feel less overwhelmed buy the options on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also tend to avoid the big rush to the sales after Christmas and instead prefer to take my time and shop online. This gives me the chance to really think about what I am buying and what it will add to my wardrobe. I also try and opt for investment pieces that I might not usually be able to justify spending quite so much money on. I love your picks especially the jackets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you have it mastered! I hope you picked up some beauties in the Jan sales!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig