11/28/2014

Weekend Style Guide // Simple Styling Tricks


As you read this, Al and I will have experienced our first ever Thanksgiving!  In fact, I wrote this on Monday (how organised am I?!) as we flew to Phoenix Tuesday afternoon to spend thanksgiving with two amazing friends we made while we were in India.  We travelled to Hampi, Goa and Nepal with them and haven’t seen them for 6 months so I’m super excited to catch up with them.  Be sure to follow me on Instagram to see what we get up to!

Anyway, I need to finish packing (I have a suitcase from storage, full of summer things staring at me) so I’m going to keep this weekend’s style guide short and share a few of the simple styling tricks I use to add a little style to even the simplest of outfits.

Throw a tailored jacket over a simple jeans and t-shirt outfit to transform take it from effortless to effortless chic.

http://www.polyvore.com/add_jacket/set?id=141446913


Play around with the sleeve length.  Sometimes turning the sleeve up can transform a top from looking too big to looking like it’s the perfect fit.  It’s also fun to play around with different sleeve lengths when layering.

Roll it


Loosely Tuck in the front of your t-shirt, shirt or blouse into your trousers, it really changes the look and can be really flattering.

the front tuck

Knot or tie your top to add shape.

tie it


Don’t just use belts to keep your trousers up…in fact if you need to wear a belt with your jeans then they’re too big.  Accessorise with belts, the way you would a necklace.  Think of it as adding some personality to an outfit, or use it to highlight a small waste.

belt it


And that’s it, they’re pretty simple but trust me, they make a difference!  I’m off to finish packing.  Have a great Thanksgiving, I can’t wait to tell you all about it when I’m back!!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig