12/03/2014

TRAVEL // PHOENIX


Hello! I hope you had a great weekend and if you’re American, I hope your Thanks Giving was as brilliant as mine was!!  We spent five glorious days in Phoenix with great friends, I was sad when the time came to leave.  Have you ever been to Phoenix?  I loved it!  We hiked amongst the saguaros, ate the most delicious food, picked fresh oranges and grapefruits from the garden every morning, experienced our first ever Thanks Giving, visited the Desert Botanical Gardens at night and even made it to the Phoenix flea market where I met Jenny from Confessions Of A Hairstylist, and had my hair braided! We squeezed a lot into our five days and can’t wait to go back!!

Sunset at Canyon Lake
Biking the trails in South Mountain


Painted walls outside Barrio Cafe, Mexican restaurant.


Bruce Munro: Sonoran Light at Desert Botanical Garden


WHERE WE STAYED

We stayed with friends!

FAVOURITE PLACES TO EAT AND DRINK

Barrio Cafe, Fantastic Mexican restaurant
Mulled wine Dessert Botanical Garden  Illuminary event
In-n-Out burger
Superstition Saloon

FAVOURITE THINGS TO DO

Visit the Dessert Botanical Gardens
Visit the Museum of Musical Instruments
Hiking and biking the South Mountain trails
Shopping the Phoenix flea market
Take a boat trip in Canyon Lake - the drive there from Phoenix, along the Apache trail, is stunning.

WHAT I WORE

I had planned to do a few outfit posts while we were there but I was just having too much fun and ran out of time, so instead,  here is a collage of what I wore:


PHOENIX

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig