2/10/2015

ASK NIKI // FRUMP FREE WEDDING GUEST OUTFITS


Hello Niki, can you help, I’ve got a few weddings to go to next year and all dresses are either a bit frumpy or too posh? Do you have any suggestions? Thanks H

Of course!  This couldn’t have come at a better time, I have four weddings to go to this year so I’m also looking for an outfit, and like you I don’t want anything too formal or posh as that’s just not me…and I know I’d be unlikely to wear something like that very often.

You’re right, there are a lot of formal, frumpy styles around at the moment, but thankfully there are other options.  So if you’re looking for something a little more edgy or contemporary then I’d suggest looking at one of these.

http://www.polyvore.com/contemporary_wedding_looks/set?id=148933514




Another option is to choose a simple dress in a striking silhouette, and make a statement with the accessories you choose.  I love these alternatives to fascinates and hats!

statement wedding accessories


I hope that helps!  Let me know how you get on!!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. So many people get wedding guest outfits wrong, so this post will be very inspirational to many! I love that All Saints Haze dress and the Oasis one comes in blue which is equally as cute! :D

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I hope so! Yes, the AllSaints dress is gorgeous...they have so many pretty picks, it was touch choosing one to feature! And I love the Oasis dress in blue too, but the mustard one just had the edge for me ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig