12/22/2015

1 ITEM, 3 WAYS // SLEEVELESS SWEATER



Al and I are retreating to a cabin in the woods for Christmas and we CANNOT wait! It’s been a pretty hectic run up to Christmas this year, so a few days in the middle of nowhere with tasty food, wine, a wood burning stove to cozy in front of, and woods to hike in is just what we need.   I had hoped we’d get snowed in, but the forecasters are predicting temperatures in the late 50’s maybe even 60’s so there’s little chance of snow.  Still, I shouldn’t complain too much as I know I’ll be dreaming of this warmer weather when winter bites good and proper.

I’ve had so much fun writing my blog this year and I’m so very grateful for all the support from you, my faithful readers.  I hope you all have a truly wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Things will be a little quiet here over the next week while I take a break, but I’ll be back in full force in the New Year.  Until then, here’s my last 3 ways to wear of 2015.


I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen short sleeved and sleeveless knitwear hanging all forlorn in the back of a client’s wardrobe.  They’re one of those items of clothing that are in abundance on the high-street, yet I often find people struggle to know how to wear them.  I personally love them as they enable me to layer up without feeling too uncomfortable and bulky.   This sleeveless sweater is from Banana Republic and has a high/low hem which is another detail I like as it gives me more options to play around with the styling.  This first look is a great example of that.

I find longer bulky sweaters can swamp my small frame unless I’m wearing pants and heels, but the high/low hem on this piece enables me to give the sweater (and me) more shape by loosely tucking the front into the skirt.


Sweater - Banana Republic / skirt - Zara / Boots - DSW / Bangles - India

I said sleeveless sweaters are great for layering, and I think this next outfit proves that!  I’ve layered a long sleeve top underneath the sweater, and a plaid shirt and long-line cardigan over the top.  When it gets colder I know I can layer by throwing my leather jacket on top.  I have real a thing for contrasting layers at the moment - a long cardi, vest or knit, layered under a short jacket has been my go to look so far this season.

Plaid shirt - Zara / Cardigan - Banana Republic / Jeans - Levis / Boots - Aldo / Hat - Bath
This last outfit has been another popular one of mine recently.  For me it strikes just the right balance between smart and casual.  It’s not very clear in the photo but I’ve layered a black, long-line, sheer shirt under the sweater to add another texture and make it feel a little dressier.

Sheer shirt - H&M / Pants - Zara / Bangles - India / Ring - Mansih Arora for Amrapalli / Bag - my Granny's

Do you like to layer or are you more of a minimalist?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig