4/26/2016

1 ITEM, 3 WAYS // BRIDESMAID DRESS

A couple of weeks ago, I attended the Bridal Revival event hosted by Glitter and Grit, it was a fantastic event.  Everyone looked amazing in their dresses and there was some brilliant restyling going on!  Tori, Kim, Ashley and I were there to judge the re-style contest and were on hand with accessories and fabric to help anyone who wanted some help transforming their dress. We had a blast!  I wore a bridesmaid dress to the event and re-styled it with my current t-shirt obsession from Juju, and it got me asking myself how many other ways I might re-style it.  Well the answer, my friends, is many!  So for this week’s three ways to wear I thought I’d share three of my favorites.

The dress I’m featuring is this blush pink dress I wore as a bridesmaid to a friend’s wedding in Africa.  There were three bridesmaids and we’re scattered all over the globe so there was no way we were going to be able to get hold of the same dress. So instead, Sarah told us what color and style she wanted us to wear and left us to choose our own. I opted for a blush pink maxi dress that I tied a silver ribbon round, and teamed with silver block heels... I'll post a pic as soon as I have one.

I rarely wear pink and never blush pink, it's not an easy colour for me to pull off with a little restyling I think it works!

 This first outfit is how I wore it to the Bridal Revival, throwing a t-shirt over a dress has to be one of the simplest ways to transform it.  Cropped t-shirts generally work best but if you don’t have one, you can just tie the t-shirt at the side, front or back to give it some shape.

Dress - BCBG Generation / T-shirt - Juju / Shoes - Topshop / Earrings - Nicolette Jewellery Sculptures / Ring The Rogue and the Wolf


The second outfit is a little dressier but the leather jacket and, leopard print belt and heavy shoes keep it from looking bridesmaidy.  I'm a big fan of wearing belts around my waist, I love how it lengthens my legs!

Dress - BCBG Generation / Leather Jacket - Whistles / Shoes - Topshop / Rings - Indian markets / Belt - Banana Republic / Long Necklace - Warehouse / Short necklace - Accessorize / Sunglasses - Target
I think my favorite part of the dress is the shape of the top, especially the back, so for the third outfit, I’ve highlighted that buy layering a maxi skirt over the dress.  The dress is a little longer than the skirt so I simply tied a knot in the bottom of the dress to lift the hem a little.  It works a treat and you’d never know from looking at it! 
Dress - BCBG Generation / Skirt - Whistles / Rings - Indian Markets / Belt - Oasis / Sunglasses - Target




THE DETAILS






Have you ever re-worn a bridesmaid dress?  If you have, we’d love to hear how you re-styled it in the comments below.

All photos shot by the brilliant Sarah Collins!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig