4/19/2016

1 ITEM, 3 WAYS // JUMPSUIT

I've owned this jumpsuit for well over 5 years now and have worn it countless times, but when I tried it on in the shop I was pushed right outside of my comfort zone.  I didn't actually intend to purchase it at the time, I was actually sourcing a jumpsuit to feature in a regular 'how to wear' fashion column that I wrote for a local magazine back in Bristol (UK) but was totally won over by it that I ended up purchasing it.  Little did I know at the time just how much I could do with this piece, or how much I would wear it!

A big part of what I do as a personal stylist is showing clients how to utilize the clothes they already have in their closet by showing them how they can mix and match the items better and teaching them a few simple styling tricks to change the appearance of various items.  I can create endless outfits that have never been worn but that have always been there!  Jumpsuits have to be right up there in my top 5 pieces to style for clients, they are so often underutilized yet there is so much that can be done with them!  In fact, I struggled to choose which three ways to share with you so I may just have to feature this piece again in a future 3 ways to wear.


For the first outfit, I've kept things fairly simple so you can see the shape of jumpsuit. It came with a matching tie around the waist but I rarely keep them, instead swapping them for a belt of my choosing.  I'm wearing it with flats here, but if I want it to look a little more dressy I can simply swap the flats for heels.


This second look is a great example of how easy it is to transform a jumpsuit, with very little effort. I All I've done is roll the hem and layer a cropped t-shirt over it.  Simple!


For the final look, I'm using the jumpsuit as a backdrop to my Indian Kimono.  Again, I'm wearing flats but heels would work brilliantly too, especially if I wanted to dress it up a little.


THE DETAILS:




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig