8/24/2016

3 WAYS TO WEAR // CROPPED JUMPSUIT

I. Love. To. Layer. It is one of the most powerful tools in my armory.  It offers up a whole heap of different outfit possibilities making it the best way to get maximum wear out of my clothes…and making the most of a closet full of clothes, that's my jam!  Give me a closet to mix and match and I’m one happy girl!  

One of the easiest pieces to layer is a jumpsuit, which suits me down to the ground as I love them!   I must admit, it can take some time to find one in a good fit – they’re often either too short in the body, or too long, and like most one-piece items finding something that fits both the top half and bottom half well can be difficult.  But like any Personal Stylist worth their salt, I know which stores cater best to different shapes. French Connection, Whistles, Hobbs and Loft are a good fit for my pear shaped frame.

I’ve pulled together outfits with jumpsuits on the blog before (see here and here), and I’ve featured one in a previous three ways to wear, too.  At the time I mentioned that I struggled to choose which looks to share with you as I had so many to choose from, so I thought I’d share a few more outfits I've been wearing recently, today.

Jumpsuit - Thrifted, Madewell / Shirt - Thrifted /  Necklace - Williamsburg Flea (Can't remember vendor!) / Shoes - Topshop

This first look is such a simple one to throw together.  The shirt tied at the front hugs me at the waist and turns the jumpsuit into a pair of high waist pants.  It ticks all the right boxes for my pear shape and is so comfortable, too!  This look would work with any type of shirt – I think a plaid or leopard print style would be ace – or t-shirt for that matter.  Just tie your favorite t-shirt in a knot at the front to make sure it hugs you nice and tight round the waist.


Jumpsuit - Thrifted, Madewell / Blouse - Marks and Spencer, Limited / Shoes - Vince Camuto / Ring - The Rogue and the Wolf

This look is a little more feminine.  I LOVE the little bow tied at the neckline, it’s a gentle nod to the Victoriana trend set to resurface this fall/winter.  I'll definitely be switching this out for a longer sleeve blouse once fall hits.

Jumpsuit - Thrifted, Madewell / Top - H&M / Shoes - Aldo / Bag - Ruhling Woven / Bangle - Commercial Street vendor in Bangalore, India

This final look inspired last weeks off-the-shoulder layering.  I’ve worn this outfit a few times now and I figured that if it worked with this top, it might work with my other off-the-shoulder pieces and it sure does!   By layering a black top under the black jumpsuit I’m able to alter the style completely.  It’s such a simple thing to do, but it yields a big change.

THE DETAILS:





I’ve been researching the new season trends this week and there was some fantastic layering on the catwalks for autumn/winter, it’s given me some more ideas for layering this piece later on in the year, so stay tuned!

What’s your favorite piece to layer?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig