12/30/2013

What I Wore // Hong Kong

Wow, did the Christmas period fly by really quickly for you?  It did for us!  This was our very first Christmas alone, just the two of us.  It was strange being so far away from home, so we decided to make the short trip to Hong Kong rather than mope around in Bangalore.   Lots of friends had told us we’d love it there so we were a little worried that it wouldn’t live up to expectations, but it did…and then some!  Hong Kong was fantastic!!

The weather was much cooler than we’re used to in Bangalore, where it’s either really hot or hot, but it was really nice to be able to wrap up in cosy jumpers and scarves for a bit.  I never thought I’d say this; but I might actually be starting to miss the cold winter weather in the UK!?

We spent a lot of time walking around and exploring the different areas in Hong Kong, stopping frequently for beer and mulled wine.  Al took these photos in one of my favourite areas - Soho, an arty area full of quirky shops, vintage boutiques and pubs. 


Scarf - Zara / Jacket - Topshop / Shirt - Zara / Jeans - MiH / Bag - Thailand / Bracelet - House of Harlow / Rings - India / Shoes - Ash
This was one of my favourite outfits of the trip; it was super practical and comfortable, and I was toasty warm which is pretty rare for me.  And yes, I’m rocking a lot of check, but hey, I like it!

How do you keep warm when you’re doing a ton of walking around a city? What's your go to outfit for sightseeing? 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I never look this stylish when sightseeing! What a cute backdrop, I'd love to visit Hong Kong one day. I have this scarf in the other colour, it works really well as a blanket too ha! <3

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tara! You must visit Hong Kong, the street style is amazing! Yeah I used the scarf as a blanket on the plane over - I'm always so cold on flights x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a bit jealous Niki was were visited there last year and found it boring !!!! (it may have been to do with the guide we had !!) Love the wall and I totally agree about flights being cold....Love the travel pics. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sightseeing outfit especially the fringed bag! Glad you enjoyed Hong Kong, I would definitely love to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks :) the fringe bag was bought on a trip to Thailand and I use it tons! Hope you get to visit hk soon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jane, sorry to hear you found it boring! There's a chance that living in India for a year might have clouded my judgement :) so pleased you're loving my travel pics...its ace to share them, otherwise they just end up sitting in folders on my computer

    ReplyDelete
  7. i barely kept warm when we went to amsterdam last december - it was my cashmere scarf that saved me! that and ducking in and out of shops/pubs. i could have used a long down-filled coat, a better hat, and better gloves. it was literally freezing the whole time we were there, and slightly gloomy (snowed a couple of days), but the city is beautiful anyway and the only way to do it is to walk a lot (i think)...


    love your outfit !! and always take a big scarf that doubles as a blanket when i fly - even when it's warm out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We always try to spend a few days walking around a new city – it’s the best way to see it…and if it’s cold it’s a great way to try and stay warm (that and cosying up in warm pubs :) ). I’ve never been to Amsterdam but it’s on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig