3/29/2014

Weekend Style Guide // Springs Staple Pieces

Each new season brings a whole set of new key pieces, and with that an opportunity to build on your staples and strengthen your wardrobes foundations.  Last season it was all about the pink coat and the leather skirt, this season it’s the leopard print shoe and the printed trouser.  

Now I know these pieces may not sound like your traditional wardrobe staples but I think they are!  I mean who says your wardrobe needs to be built on a boring base of classic navy/brown/black?

There are some new kids on the block that are fast becoming high-street darlings; reappearing season after season (printed trousers anyone?) earning themselves a place in the wardrobe staple class. So why not throw something different into the mix and update your collection with some of this spring’s key pieces.

http://www.polyvore.com/springs_key_pieces/set?id=117719018

There are some trends that I really don’t think are worth investing much money in (slogan t-s or metallic trousers) -  they’ll either date quickly or you’ll be sick of seeing them by the time the seasons through - but some of this seasons trends have much more longevity, so if you choose carefully you’ll be able to pick up some fantastic new pieces that you’ll be able to wear for seasons to come.  I think my wardrobe needs a pair of those leopard sneakers, what about you?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig