11/21/2014

Weekend Style Guide // When It's Too Cold To Wear Jeans

The colder it gets, the less I find myself wearing jeans.  In fact I’ve not worn them for an entire week now, which is very unlike me, I love my black skinnies!  You see, all my jeans are a variety of slim and skinny styles (I realised a long time ago that sadly, boyfriend style jeans really didn’t look good on my short, wide hipped legs), and if you’ve ever worn tight fitting jeans in cold weather you’ll know that you only make that mistake once. 

My jeans have zero appeal right now.  Instead I’m layering fleece lined tights (a genius idea by the way!) under wool leggings, with wool knee highs…It's perfect for home, but I need to find something a little more stylish for when I leave the apartment.

After much searching and some pretty lengthy trying on sessions in the local shops, I've realised that trousers with stretch are the way forward.  I tried on thick corduroy trousers but they were just stiff and uncomfortable.  Jersey harem pants were SO comfortable and warm inside, but things got tricky when it came choosing warm footwear.  I loved leather trousers, and while they probably would be warmer than jeans, they were pretty uncomfortable (and have a hefty price tag to boot). 

The way forward is treggings.  Yes, I said treggings.  And I’m not going to apologise for it either, because the ugly treggings that were popular a few years back, have grown up into something much more sophisticated that is far more like trousers and less like leggings.  They're thick, they keep their shape, have real trouser detailing (instead of those horrid printed on pockets and seams), can be worn with shorter tops, and are so comfortable!  These, my friends, are your answer to cold weather.

If you’re not sure, just check out the selection below;
 
http://www.polyvore.com/winter_warmers/set?id=141034601

There are faux leather trousers, tartan styles, biker styles, jodhpurs, and good old plain styles in a range of colours.  There is a shape and style to suit all of you.

I’m a huge fan of the ponte trousers with leather panelling,like the khaki pair from Nordstrom and the biker style from Zara.  What about you?  What trousers do you wear in the cold??
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I need more black skinnies, they're definitely what I'm drawn to in A/W. That being said, I absolutely love those khaki leggings!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those biker skinnies are ace!


    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig