7/24/2015

WEEKEND STYLE GUIDE // MY FAVOURITE PLACES TO SHOP IN THE USA



In my last weekend style guide, I talked about styling and buying clothes in a different country, well this weekend I want to follow on from that with a list of my favorite American boutiques. This is going to be an ongoing list that I’ll update every so often as I discover more boutiques, so make sure you pop back occasionally!

Pixi Market – I visited Pixi Market on our trip to New York last year, its collections are on trend and are a great price point.



Loup – This is a great place to source simple shapes that make for great staple pieces.

Modcloth – Originally started in Pittsburgh (!) Modcloth has a huge selection of unique clothes with vintage feel.  If you like the idea of vintage but don’t like to hunt down your clothes in second hand stores, then this is a great place to source that vintage style.



Urban Outfitters – We have this in most big cities in the UK, but the stock isn’t as varied as it is in the US stores.  Especially online. I head here for quirky accessories, dresses, T’s and camisoles.

Free People –I’m sure you’ve all heard of Free People – this is boho at its best and I love it!

Anthropologie – Another store that doesn’t take much explaining.  It’s beautiful to wander round and stocks a fantastic selection of printed dresses and tops, not to mention gorgeous home wares!

Fab - A  Great place to source quirky accessories.




Need supply - A mix of well-known brands and up-and-coming independent designers from the US and abroad.  They carry really wearable, simple but stylish pieces that would slot seamlessly into most wardrobes.

Century 21 Meryl told me about this boutique.  It has everything, but I particularly like their selection of footwear.

Ella Moss – The place to go for pretty prints.

Alternative Apparel - Another great place for basics.  They have such a wide selection of t-shirt styles.

Alternative Apparel


Curator – A wide slection of hard working, versatile pieces.  I love their selection of denims!

Moss Mills - They stock fantastic accessories – check out their clutches! 

Dead Bury Dead - I love their t-shirts! 



Blanknyc - They have classics, staples, denim and cotton modern silhouettes and edgy shapes. I love their rompers and overalls and last season they had a rockin pair of vegan leather pants!


Local Pittsburgh boutiques:

Kristi Boutique - The collections in store strike the perfect blend between casual and dressy, these are pieces you'll be wearing all the time!  I recently interviewed Krist as part of my #stylishpittsburgh campaign, if you missed it, read it here.

Kristi Boutique
Highway Robbery - A fantastic vintage shop in Southside.  Kate the owner has such a good eye for really wearable pieces, and the mannequins are styled in such a contemporary way that it’s easy to see yourself rocking some vintage looks!

Three Rivers Vintage - Another great vintage store in Southside stocking pieces from the 1920's thougth to the 1970's.

No.14 Boutique - This chic boutique in Lawrencevill is the place to go for pretty dresses and girl tops!

Pavement - This Lawrenceville boutique has a great ambiance, as soon as you walk through the door you're hooked.  The collections are edgy and unique and the boutique often showcases up and coming designers.

Mid Atlantic Mercantile -
This beautiful boutique in Lawrenceville contains a collection of carefully selected pieces for your closet and your home that you'll cherish for years to come!




Do you have any favourite boutiques in the US or Pittsburgh?!  
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig