7/24/2015

WEEKEND STYLE GUIDE // MY FAVOURITE PLACES TO SHOP IN THE USA



In my last weekend style guide, I talked about styling and buying clothes in a different country, well this weekend I want to follow on from that with a list of my favorite American boutiques. This is going to be an ongoing list that I’ll update every so often as I discover more boutiques, so make sure you pop back occasionally!

Pixi Market – I visited Pixi Market on our trip to New York last year, its collections are on trend and are a great price point.



Loup – This is a great place to source simple shapes that make for great staple pieces.

Modcloth – Originally started in Pittsburgh (!) Modcloth has a huge selection of unique clothes with vintage feel.  If you like the idea of vintage but don’t like to hunt down your clothes in second hand stores, then this is a great place to source that vintage style.



Urban Outfitters – We have this in most big cities in the UK, but the stock isn’t as varied as it is in the US stores.  Especially online. I head here for quirky accessories, dresses, T’s and camisoles.

Free People –I’m sure you’ve all heard of Free People – this is boho at its best and I love it!

Anthropologie – Another store that doesn’t take much explaining.  It’s beautiful to wander round and stocks a fantastic selection of printed dresses and tops, not to mention gorgeous home wares!

Fab - A  Great place to source quirky accessories.




Need supply - A mix of well-known brands and up-and-coming independent designers from the US and abroad.  They carry really wearable, simple but stylish pieces that would slot seamlessly into most wardrobes.

Century 21 -  Meryl told me about this boutique.  It has everything, but I particularly like their selection of footwear.

Ella Moss – The place to go for pretty prints.

Alternative Apparel - Another great place for basics.  They have such a wide selection of t-shirt styles.

Alternative Apparel


Curator – A wide slection of hard working, versatile pieces.  I love their selection of denims!

Moss Mills - They stock fantastic accessories – check out their clutches! 

Dead Bury Dead - I love their t-shirts! 



Blanknyc - They have classics, staples, denim and cotton modern silhouettes and edgy shapes. I love their rompers and overalls and last season they had a rockin pair of vegan leather pants!


Local Pittsburgh boutiques:

Kristi Boutique - The collections in store strike the perfect blend between casual and dressy, these are pieces you'll be wearing all the time!  I recently interviewed Krist as part of my #stylishpittsburgh campaign, if you missed it, read it here.

Kristi Boutique
Highway Robbery - A fantastic vintage shop in Southside.  Kate the owner has such a good eye for really wearable pieces, and the mannequins are styled in such a contemporary way that it’s easy to see yourself rocking some vintage looks!

Three Rivers Vintage - Another great vintage store in Southside stocking pieces from the 1920's thougth to the 1970's.

No.14 Boutique - This chic boutique in Lawrencevill is the place to go for pretty dresses and girl tops!

Pavement - This Lawrenceville boutique has a great ambiance, as soon as you walk through the door you're hooked.  The collections are edgy and unique and the boutique often showcases up and coming designers.

Mid Atlantic Mercantile -
This beautiful boutique in Lawrenceville contains a collection of carefully selected pieces for your closet and your home that you'll cherish for years to come!




Do you have any favourite boutiques in the US or Pittsburgh?!  
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig