9/04/2015

WEEKEND STYLE GUIDE // BRA SOLUTIONS

There are some gorgeous off the shoulder dresses, plunging necklines and super low backs around at the moment.  They’re so pretty but picking the right bra to go with them is a bit of a nightmare!  I know, I’ve been there!  I purchased a dress with a back that plunged all the way to my hips only to discover that the low wrap bra strap I’d used in the past didn’t go low enough (besides it has to be the most uncomfortable bra I’d ever worn so I didn't really want to wear it).  I’d have been happy to go bra-less, but the dress looked so much better with a little extra shape so that wasn’t an option either.

I was reluctant to return the dress as I loved it so much and was planning on wearing it to a wedding, so I decided to spend some time researching bra solutions.  And if after that I couldn’t make it work I decided I would return it and find something more practical.  Luckily I didn’t need to, there are SO many options out there!  Here are my favourite and most effective ones here:




  1. Breast lift tape – These are brilliant, I've used them a few times now and they were fantastic at lifting the breast and giving it some shape. It really did look like I was wearing a bra! I’m not sure how good they would be for someone with a big bust but if you're on the smaller side they're great. As far as staying put, well they're actually a little difficult to remove so there's no danger of them coming unstuck half way through the night.
  2. If you can’t find a strapless, backless bra that works for you, why not make a feature of the bra? This one from Free People would look really pretty worn under a low backed top!
  3.  This bra is a stick on one. Yes, I said stick on. I tried one and found it much more comfortable than I thought I would, it stuck really well, however I’m a 28DD so I found the cups sat a little far apart on me. I think it’s better suited to someone who’s a 32 or bigger.
  4. I use these little clips ALL THE TIME! I love racer back vests but I hate how bra straps ruin the line of them. These clips pull your straps to the middle of your back and keeps them hidden.  They are a little on the fiddly side and you need someone to help you attach it, so if this puts you off, it’s probably worth purchasing a bra like this (8) that fastens in multiple ways instead.
  5. If you’re going to wear a deep plunging neckline, you’re going to need some sticky tape to prevent the top gaping open! It’s easy to use and stays put for hours. I also use it when I have a top with straps that keep falling down. It’s great stuff – I always have some in my toolkit when I’m doing my closet consultations.
  6. There are a few deep plunge bras on the market, but this one gets great reviews! It gives a great cleavage and is comfortable to boot.
  7. These nipple covers are the best I’ve seen. I’ve used other brands in the past but they always have that tell-tale ridge that's easy to spot.  These are pretty much invisible under clothing.  They’re more expensive than most but if you want to go bra less these are the most effective and comfortable nipple covers around.
What's your experience of bra solutions, are there any that you can highly recommend, or suggest we steer well clear of?!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig