4/12/2016

THREE WAYS TO WEAR // SLEEVELESS DUSTER

I had hoped that I'd be able to share some slightly more summery looks with you by now, but the weather has been so random lately (70F one day and 35F the next day, kind of random) that I'm still pulling out my winter clothes.  Hopefully, temperatures will start to rise again next week but for now,  my outfits are going to have to remain wintery.

After the Bridal Revival on Friday night, I drove to Washington DC to see Alex for the weekend.  Things were a little hectic last week so I didn't get round to packing for the trip until last minute, I also didn't have time to photograph any of the photos for this weeks three ways to wear so not only did I have to pack for the weekend, I had to plan and pack a three ways to wear to photograph over the weekend.

I had thought that packing for both the weekend and the 3 ways to wear might make packing a little complicated, but actually, it made things far simpler.  I knew what item I wanted to feature - this sleeveless duster - so all I had to do was pull together three outfits around that piece, that would be suitable for the weekend.  I don't think I've ever packed that quickly before!  Take it from me, if you need to pack quickly for a short trip away.  Pick a versatile item and build your outfits around that one piece, it's much easier than trying to come up with lots of different outfits!


Sleeveless duster - Zara / Blouse - The Limited / Pants - J Brand / Shoes - Aldo
I knew we were going to eat out on one of the evenings over the weekend, so I pulled together this outfit.  I'd normally wear this long-line vest over the blouse and pants combo, but I wanted to look and feel a little more relaxed than that so I threw the duster over to keep me warm instead.

Sleeveless duster - Zara / Sweater - gift from my sister / Skirt - Tosphop / Boots - Aldo

One of the things I like the most about writing these 3 ways to wear posts, is how they force me to think of new ways to combine my pieces and this second outfit is a great example of that, as it's the first time I've worn these three pieces together.  When I first put the outfit together it didn't look quite right - the proportions looked wrong - but all I needed to do was tuck the sweater in, to lengthen my legs and shorten my body...and problem solved!

Sleeveless duster - Zara / Sleeveless sweater - Banana Republic / Jeans - J Brand / Coat - Whistles / Boots - Aldo / Sunglasses- Target

We spent Sunday walking around the monuments in downtown DC.  It was a beautifully sunny day but it was not warm so I needed to layer, layer and layer some more.  I also needed to be comfortable as I knew we were going to do a ton of walking.  I learned over winter that sleeveless pieces are the best for layering.  They're far less bulky so they layer better, and you don't have to deal with sleeves getting bunched up which makes them much more comfortable, too.  So I combined the sleeveless duster with my sleeveless sweater and layered these two over the black sweater from the outfit above, it was the perfect combination!

SLEEVELESS DUSTER ALSO SEEN IN:

  1. 1 item, 3 ways // Skinny flares 
  2. 1 item, 3 ways  //  Denim shirt 
  3. 1 item, 3 ways  //  Knitted tabard

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig