7/26/2016

3 WAYS TO WEAR // HAREM PANTS


What a couple of weeks it’s been! I launched my website last week and on the same day that I hit ‘publish’ we had the movers in, were packing up our belongings and getting ready to drive 9 hours south to Columbia in South Carolina where we are currently living in temporary accommodation until our apartment is ready to move into. Yep, you read that right, we’ve left Pittsburgh. I can’t even begin to tell you how sad I am to leave Pittsburgh, my business was up and running and doing well, #StylishPittsburgh was blossoming and I’d found my tribe in the Style Social.  But it is what it is. Change is something that Al and I thrive on and I know we’ll make the most of this next chapter.

It’s been a complicated move and all a bit last minute, not to mention chaotic so I haven't been able to share too much with you until now, but we're now in Columbia where it’s ‘Famously hot’ and the tagline does not lie. It’s hot, hot, HOT and bloody humid, too.  It’s taking some getting used to, even after 3 years in India. I guess two Pittsburgh winters will do that to you.

Blogging is always tricky when you’re moving, especially if you’re trying to photograph outfits and forgot to pack a tripod!  It's even harder when you're pulling from a limited wardrobe, but blogging keeps me sane when everything else is in chaos, and anyway, I always bang on about how much I like the challenge of pulling together outfits from a small wardrobe...well mine just got a whole lot smaller and will be for the next few weeks until our belongings arrive from Pittsburgh, so, challenge excepted!

Talking about packing, I wrote a post about preparing and packing your wardrobe for a move abroad a while back, so if you're moving and looking for some tips then you might want to check it out.

 



Pants - Zara / Shirt - Thrifted / Bag - India / Bangle - India / Shoes - Zara

The one item I made sure I packed for the first few weeks in Columbia is these harem pants. I'd heard it was going to be hot in SC and as I practically lived in them in the heat in India I figured they'd be a good piece to take with.  I wasn't wrong!  I have been wearing them almost everyday, not only are they ridiculously comfortable and cool in the heat but they're pretty versatile, too.  You all know how much I love a versatile piece, I think it's safe to say that they've just jumped to the top of my favorites list!


Pants - Zara / Top - Oasis / Shoes - TJMaxx  / Bangles - India
 I tend to wear these pants casually but on the odd occasion that I dress them up I end up wondering why I don't do it more often.  This is a great example of how something as simple as a change of shoes can take a piece from day to night.  I absolutely love these trousers with heels, they instantly transform them from boho to something much more chic!


Pants - Zara / Top - Topshop / Shoes - Anthropologie / Scarf - Niki Whittle Designs
I just had to photograph this outfit.  I wore it on a recent weekend trip to Virginia and was chuffed when I saw how well my Arvi scarf went with the pants!  I don't wear a lot of print, but when I do, I like to mix them.  In fact I think I prefer to mix them than wear them in isolation!  How about you?

THE DETAILS:





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig