10/05/2016

3 WAYS TO WEAR // CROPPED, WIDE-LEG PANTS IN FALL

Wow, what a response I've had to my reader survey.  I've been going through your answers this week and I can't thank you enough, you've given me some fantastic suggestions and feedback!!   My job for tomorrow is to sit down and go through each response properly and to start to make plans to implement some of your ideas as soon as next week.  I'm pretty excited about it!  If you've haven't had the chance to go through the survey, it's still live and you can fill it in here!

But for now, here is another 3 ways to wear (which by the way, seems to be your favorite category!) and this week I want to show you how I plan on taking my cropped wide leg pants into the cooler season.  This pair have been featured on Style Studs and Lace numerous times (you can see the posts here, here, here and here), they are one versatile pair of pants so being able to take them into the next season is a big deal!

Pants - Zara US / UK // Top - Joules US / UK // Jacket - Zara US / UK  // Boots - Steve Madden US /UK  // Watch JORD Wooden Watches US / // Rings - The Rogue and the Wolf and Frost Finery
Being on the shorter side, wide leg pants that have a high rise are the most flattering choice for me.  Check out how long my legs look here when, theoretically, a cropped wide leg pant should shorten my legs!  If you have a short body and longer legs then you can choose a mid-low rise if you want to lengthen your body a little, but really, a high rise looks great on every shape!  Leopard prints are definitely a favorite of mine, a friend recently commented that she couldn't remember a time when she hadn't seen me wearing the print!  I consider it a neutral that compliments most looks; leopard print shoes add a little edge to a floral dress, and mix it with classic stripes and they're instantly elevated.

Pants - Zara  //  Sweater - Free People (similar here: UK / US) //  Boots - Kendall & Kylie UK / US // Bangles - Various Indian markets
 This is such a cozy outfit...although it was over 80 degrees when I was taking these outfits so I was a tad hot!  A wide leg pant benefits from some structure on the top, and if that's not possible then some definition at the waist is the next best thing.  The length of this sweater falls just below the widest point on my thighs, which is the perfect length when I'm wearing it with jeans or fitted trousers, however, with a cropped pant it's just too long - it drowns me.  By gently tucking the sweater in at the front I'm able to show that I do in fact have a waist under all that volume!

This trick will work for all shapes but if you're a little bigger around the middle then I would avoid tucking in a lot of thick fabric as it will just add bulk.

Pants - Zara // Jacket - Zara (similar here: UK / US) // Blouse - Loft (similar here US / UK) / Shoes - Thrifted (similar here US/UK) / Necklace - Tatty Devine  UK

A tailored jacket is the perfect companion to a pair of wide leg pants as it gives your waist a little definition.  I prefer to tuck my blouse in to cropped pants, as I find it the most flattering, it's also a much more polished look if you're heading to the office.  However if you're tall or want to embrace a slightly more relaxed look then feel free to leave the blouse un-tucked, or maybe tuck in half of the blouse at the front like this.

And just in case you've missed the other posts featuring these pants...here are some of my favorite past outfits.  See, I told you they were versatile!







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig