3/13/2015

WEEKEND STYLE GUIDE // SPRING FEVER


It finally feels like spring might be on its way in Pittsburgh! The snow on the street outside our apartment melted today for the first time in over 8 weeks and temperatures are slowly rising.  It’s a balmy 10 degrees C today!  I’m pretty excited to see Pittsburgh in blossom, fall was pretty spectacular here so I can only imagine what it will be like when the trees start to blossom.  It's was a nice change to step out in something other than snow boots this morning...all this warm(er) weather has got me dreaming of summer and the new collections.

This years spring collections are really wearable,  there are military, seventies and bohemian inspired looks, a whole array of different prints, lots of pretty pastel shades, as well as one of my favorites; the timeless monochrome.  The new collections have been in the stores for weeks now so there’s plenty of great pieces to choose from, check out my favourite items of the season so far.
http://www.polyvore.com/new_season_picks/set?id=151395287


Warehouse green dress, $68 / Zara blue shirt / Zara white top / Warehouse white top, $48 / Jigsaw denim jacket, $445 / Zara cape coat / Oasis purple jacket, $63 / Reiss shorts / Blue jeans, $280 / Reiss capri / French Connection pants / Oasis denim pants, $57 / Ted Baker slip on shoes, $130

I’m pretty pleased about the military influences this season, details like epaulettes and pockets tend to suit my pear shape.  Are there any trends you’re looking forward to wearing when the weather warms up?

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I like your picks! I'm trying not to get to excited for spring, it's gorgeous out but -22 celcius right now. I loooooove those jeans though, I bet I could hide some fleece longjohns under there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tempted to buy that Oasis jacket, it's sooo sweet!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so see you in it, Tara! Do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the flares too...you could definitely squeeze a pair of fleecey tights underneath them until it warms up ;) I don't envy you still enduring temps of -22 celcius!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please share your thoughts! I always try to reply, so make sure you pop back, or subscribe! Niki x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig